Bernie will have office hours on
Monday 11- 1.
Dr. Jeff will have office hours on
Monday 1- 3 and Tuesday 10- 2.
Things we've talked about this semester-
- How to describe motion
- The most important, and at the
time revolutionary, advancement of physics- Newton's Laws
- Some of Einstein's work- his extension
of Newton's work to large and fast moving objects
- New mathematics- vector math,
applications of calculus, etc.
- Forensic science (reconstructing
a car crash from a couple skid marks)
- 3 of the 7 conservation laws
that govern how the universe behaves
- Why the planets move the way they
- The search for extrasolar planets
- Problem solving techniques
- Data analysis methods
It's been a fun semester for me;
I hope you've enjoyed studying how the universe works!
Good luck with all of your finals
next week and have a great summer vacation!!!