Our momentum test is on Friday.
(It seems to me) a few important things we learned
in this unit are...
- A quantity that may be conserved in interactions,
and is different than energy, is momentum.
- Momentum is a vector which depends on mass
- Momentum is conserved only when there is no
net external force.
- There is a particular point within all objects
that serves as a place where we can imagine gravity (and all other extternal
forces) acting- center of mass.
Today we'll talk about (in no particualr
- Why high jumpers "flop"
over the bar?
- Why do some dancers seem to float
in the air?
- How can we reconstruct a car crash
from just a few skid marks?
- Is there life in the universe
anywhere besides here on earth?