Kam D. Dahlquist (email@example.com) and John David N. Dionisio, Co-Instructors
- This page is maintained as an archival record of the course shown above, and as such, some links on this page may no longer be valid nor accessible. They are kept here as a record of the resources that were available at the time of the course offering.
Course content is stored primarily in the private course Wiki site. Please login to that site to access a more detailed course schedule, assignments, and other materials.
- 20081028: Regularly scheduled office hours will be truncated on Tuesday 1028 due to a meeting from 3-5pm. I will still be in the vicinity of my office and can entertain quick questions at that time, but more extended discussions will have to wait.
20081101: Due to yet another meeting, regularly scheduled office hours will not take place on Tuesday 1104. Instead, these office hours will take place on Monday 1103 from 2-5pm.
20081113: For the last time this semester (I hope), regularly scheduled office hours will not take place on Tuesday 1118 due to a meeting from 3-6pm. Instead, these office hours will take place on Monday 1117 from 3-6pm.
These links take you to Web sites beyond this server.
- Nucleic Acids Research Annual Database Issue (January 2008)
- NCBI: National Center for Biotechnology Information
- UniProt (formerly known as SwissPort)
- Gene Ontology
- PDB: Protein Data Bank
- KEGG: Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes
- BioCyc (including EcoCyc, MetaCyc, HumanCyc)
- Model Organism Databases
Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast SGD: Saccharomyces Genome Database Caenorhabditis elegans nematode/roundworm WormBase Drosophila melanogaster fruit fly FlyBase Mus musculus mouse MGI: Mouse Genome Informatics Rattus rattus rat RGD: Rat Genome Database Arabidopsis thaliana Thale cress (mustard plant) TAIR: The Arabidopsis Information Resource
- UCSC Human Genome Browser
- TIGR Comprehensive Microbial Resource
- High-impact, general journals that publish the occasional paper
- Specialty journals
- Industry news: Genome Technology
- BLAST: Basic Local Alignment Search Tool
- The GenMAPP home page
- Open Bioinformatics Foundation
- Pick a language or technology: BioPerl, BioJava, BioPython, BioRuby, BioPipe, BioSQL/OBDA, BioMOBY, BioDAS, BioLisp
- The SourceForge home page
- The PostgreSQL home page: an industrial-strength, open source database management system
- Go to http://jdbc.postgresql.org to access PostgreSQL’s JDBC Driver
- Hibernate home page
- Xdoclet home page
- XML resources:
- The LaTeX home page
- The MikTeX home page: a highly popular LaTeX implementation
- The Perl Documentation Web site
- Perl Monks: Ask for Perl advice here, and ye shall receive